Who We Are
We believe that lingerie shouldn't be just for special occasions, but should be a daily luxury for every woman. Conceived out of frustration at the lack of shopping options for lovely lingerie, Journelle presents a tastefully-curated selection of designer lingerie + loungewear. Yet, our merchandise is only half the equation. In five short years, Journelle has become the premier destination for lingerie shopping in New York amongst style savvy shoppers and has grown from our first location in Union Square to include Upper East Side and Soho outposts. Our customers who can’t make it to the city can still enjoy our signature experience online at Journelle.com.
Who We're Looking For
Our team is the core of what we do at Journelle. We, at Journelle are dedicated to providing our customers with compassionate, expert assistance in an environment that is as chic and luxurious as the lingerie itself. We are completely devoted to giving our customers the best possible experience and our team is at the heart of that mission. We love that our team says Journelle is a great place to work. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, dynamic, creative environment and love customer service and lingerie, we would love to hear from you!
Assistant Store Manager - Soho
Journelle is seeking for an Assistant Store Manager for its soho store in New York City. We are a multi-channel lingerie retailer, bringing a fresh approach to the category through fashion-forward merchandise selection, sophisticated store design and exceptional customer care. Founded in 2007, the company currently operates four retail stores and a rapidly-growing online business dedicated to helping women love and wear beautiful lingerie everyday.
In the role of Assistant Store Manager, your passion and your strategic vision will lead the store team in providing an iconic, Above & Beyond customer experience, ensuring maximum profitability. You will achieve and maintain operational excellence through the efficient running of all areas of the store. Your commercial awareness, connection to your local client base and partnership with the Regional Manager and Corporate teams will ensure your store’s success. You will collaborate with your Store Manager to create and lead all store sales, training and customer service initiatives.
- Observe staff on the selling floor and their interaction with customers and co-workers, and overall customer service level for purposes of reaching independent conclusions regarding areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Use every customer interaction as an opportunity to lead by example and illustrate Above & Beyond customer care.
- Acquire strong product knowledge of the entire Journelle product line.
- Advise and assist customers with their choices of products for themselves and for gifts.
- Analyze sales results and work with Store Manager to create specialized action plans to achieve desired results.
- Analyze and review sales associate’s performance.
- Support SM in providing monthly one on one sessions with staff.
- Meet with SM on a weekly basis to discuss the business.
- Appropriately escalate HR issues or other risks to the company, employees, or our customers.
- Participate in creating, implementing, and leading all sales and training initiatives.
- Prepare and execute staff communications in areas for improvement, areas of success, and other issues as deemed appropriate.
- Process Payroll, maintaining schedules and ensuring staff adheres to attendance and punctuality policies and procedures.
- Communicate changes to procedures or tools to the store team and provide additional training as needed.
- Design programs and incentives to maintain a team environment within the store.
- Create a positive and professional work environment.
- In partnership with SM, provide training to new hires and provide continuous refresher and specialized training, as needed, to sales associates.
- Identify patterns in mystery shop scores, identify and execute training to increase overall scores.
- Assist with coaching associates in clienteling, including in the following areas: Thank you notes, follow up with staff on client books, client outreach, marketing outreach in area (i.e. charities, events).
- Manage store execution in accordance with the company's visual and operational standards and the circumstances and market issues applicable to each individual store.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- 4+ years work experience in retail sales with 2+ years in a management role.
- Must possess passion for customer service and the lingerie industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Basic math skills are necessary.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
WHAT WE OFFER IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR EFFORTS
- A highly competitive salary/compensation.
- Bonus opportunities.
- A warm, open, fun and friendly working environment.
- Generous discount.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance.
Sales Associates - New York & Los Angeles
Store Associates will be responsible for driving store performance and for building an unparalleled reputation for customer service. We’re looking for energetic, proactive team players with excellent communication skills and the desire to grow with our company. Experience with lingerie, or at least a passion for it, is a must.
Key responsibilities include delivering exceptional customer service, processing and increasing sales, strategizing and maintaining successful visual merchandising, and creating and maintaining excellence in store operations.
The right candidate will possess:
- Prior customer service and sales experience with quality retailers (2 years minimum)
- College degree (preferred)
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Drive to provide the best possible experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Desire to grow with a dynamic, entrepreneurial company
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Extensive product training and personal development
- Unparalleled growth opportunities
Don't See An Open Position That Fits?
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the position of interest in the subject line. We can't wait to hear from you.